homeward bound celebrated earth day every day…
Homeward Bound, a lifestyle store owned by Kathy Walsh, brought trend-setting natural, organic and socially responsible products into the store. Whether it was furniture made from sustainable and organic materials or all natural skin care products, Homeward Bound carried green through its unique merchandise mix.
Homeward Bound’s emphasis on sustainable living extends into a number of accessory lines ~
- Red Flower organic skin and personal care products made with essential oils
- Customers enjoyed organic tea while their purchases were wrapped in eco-style burlap trimmed with fun, colorful raffia ribbon.
- Organic poetry blankets for baby
- Kate Quinn newborn kimonos, certified organic from seed to package
- Organic upholstery
- Monkey Biz beaded animals made by women with HIV in South Africa
- Mat & Nat vegan handbags
- Candles in fun colors are made of natural bees’ wax that purify the air
- Zen Zen home products is a fair trade organization that help villages in Bali with organic farming
- Pats Peru sustainably harvested wood products, handmade in the Peruvian rain forest
- Edge recycled boat wood frames
- Iannone eco-style, modern design furniture
Previously to owning Homeward Bound, Kathy was hired at ABC Carpet & Home to transform the store into a more holistic shopping experience. She created a new Children’s Department using natural and organic products that promote creativity and nurture artistic abilities in young children. Kathy’s buying included all spiritual music and books, organic yoga clothing, natural bath and beauty products, incense, home accessories and lighting.
As Marketing Director at The Rudolf Steiner School in New York City, Kathy designed a rain forest event for k-12 students that got them coverage on the NBC nightly news and adopted 50 acres of land for the National Conservancy.